Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Evo X FE Owner

Noob

Yea I got it from short line Mitsubishi, what catback you have?

Noob

Lmao I will do simple things that won't void the warranty or are at least easy to back but after that I'm going crazy hahahaha

Just keep in mind that if you flash it, they can see it. That can void your warranty on the spot if they are in a bad mood.

I'd stay away from Cobb accessport. They can see if it's flashed back.

I just had all my fluids changed out at Shortline, they asked me if I had a tune on the car.....at first I tried to avoid the question. Turns out they were asking because there was an ECU flash as part of a warranty out there & they actually wanted to know so they didn't flash over my tune & put on the job ticket not to touch it. They even performed other warranty work while it was in the shop (clutch master cylinder) with no hassle. Now, granted, I may be "flagged" for all I know, but I have to say it was awesome dealing with them as the guys in the service department seemed to be "car" people. Heck, they even chased around a noise I was hearing for a whole day at no charge. Had my car for 3 days & even kept it inside the whole time.

Good looking white Evo you got there buddy, nice!

Platinum_Member Evo of Doom EGbeater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DenverEvo View Post
    I just had all my fluids changed out at Shortline, they asked me if I had a tune on the car.....at first I tried to avoid the question. Turns out they were asking because there was an ECU flash as part of a warranty out there & they actually wanted to know so they didn't flash over my tune & put on the job ticket not to touch it. They even performed other warranty work while it was in the shop (clutch master cylinder) with no hassle. Now, granted, I may be "flagged" for all I know, but I have to say it was awesome dealing with them as the guys in the service department seemed to be "car" people. Heck, they even chased around a noise I was hearing for a whole day at no charge. Had my car for 3 days & even kept it inside the whole time.
    Wow, a POSITIVE experience story with a dealer for once... these are super-rare to hear.
    The Evo of Doom's best lap times: 1:28.9 @ HPT (2.1M "NASCAR" config), 1:31.9 @ MPH, 1:35.9 @ PMP, 1:55.5 @ HPR