Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pure Drive Performance Review

Gold_Member eriesponcibl pearent cwyteboi's Avatar

Just wanted to say thanks, AGAIN, to Christian. I had a problem during emissions testing where they were able to figure out that I was not on a stock tune.

Christian responded to me quickly and was able to fit me in his busy schedule to take care of the problem. Took the car back the next day and got her certified for another two years. Thanks Christian, really appreciate it!
    ...wasn't born in Colorado, but I got here soon as I could...&...

Gold_Member eriesponcibl pearent cwyteboi's Avatar

After the emissions fiasco, I rode around for a few months with no problems. In April, the car started running rough at idle, but would smooth out once it reached OT. Code was set for EGR something or a rather. Went to take a look at it, but when I pulled my intake I noticed a bit too much oil spitting from the turbo. Grabbed the turbine and it felt like it was doing the Macarina!

Time for a new turbo. So I bugged the shit out of Christian for like eons. Got his feedback and I felt he sensed what I wanted and what my goals were. My goals were not much, new turbo, up the fun factor, dual tune on 85 and 91. I also bugged him for a bunch of other shit, hell, I was practically hangin off his hip.

He always got back to me when he could, he's got a life ya know! Yet he always responded, even when his baby girl was in the hospital with a very serious and life threatening condition. He was always there to answer my stupid, dumpfuckass questions.

Anywho, fast forward. Finally got all parts and assemblages and put it together. Nurse the car to his house, most grueling experience EVER. A FUCKING van passed me...yeah...a fucking van!

He's got some parts I need, I install them in his drive way. Shit goes side ways real quick. The folks who supplied the new fuel rail did not complete the assembly of the new fuel line before they shipped it to me. I'm like, FUCK! We're dead in the water. Christian starts walking from here to there, makes a run to the parts store, gets back, does some tootling around. Before you know it, he's finished making a new fuel line from his parts. We're all set to go. Fuckin Awesome!

9:30pm
    We turn the ignition and do fuel leak checks blahblahblah! Alis clau! Start the car and he takes his time and smooths out the idle. We go for a cruise to smooth that out. Can't tell you how many times I turned that ignition key. He explains to me every step of his processes, most of it was in Greek and Chinese, I can turn a wrench or two, but not that kinda speak that he speaks.

We roll out and start doing some minor pulls, then major pulls, and on and on. Gets some dinner. 11:30 Do some more pulls, gas light is on and the 91 octane tune is done at 375 awhp. Go to FOCO and gas up on E85, roll out for that tune and the pulls...and the 1st through 4th gear pulls...turn the ignition on...then off...then on. So on and so forth. Tune completes with 447 awhp and I figure out that I need motor mounts, o'well, another day. Didn't expect that kind of a power jump, but ya know, I'll live!

Got him home around 1:30. Best time I've ever had on a Saturday night without beer, we had a good time and it was fun driving fast and being loud. WOW! This guy loves his craft. It's this guy y'all need to go with. Trust me on this...

I left a bunch of other shit and details out from, keeping the knock low to air/fuel ratios and boost creep, this and that, but ya get the drift. This is the amended version.

Pure Drive Performance...FTW!
    ...wasn't born in Colorado, but I got here soon as I could...&...