Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The official other project vehicle thread

Platinum_Member FarFromSane WANTED's Avatar

Smile The official other project vehicle thread

Seeing as we are all car enthusiasts here, I for one am always curious as to how diverse we are in our non-Evo projects and endeavors should we have any. So post up what else you may be working on. Tell us what you've done, and what you hope to do with it. Post pics if you got any.

I'll go first.

My first non-Evo entrant is my 08 Kawasaki Zx6r.
    So far, its got a Motorwerks GP slip-on exhaust, Vortex -1/+2 sprockets, RK 520 chain, HID kit, custom blue LED speedo, secondary throttle plate elimination, BMG air filter, and Vortex Wind screen, and a semi-custom made undertail/fender elination kit I pieced together.

It's about to get a solo cowl, Pine Box header and a Rapidbike. After this, I'll probably wait a little bit before I do anything else.
    Here's how she sits now.

Next up is my 05 Subaru Legacy GT, which is more of a project of necessity rather than of choice/hobby. Although with what I'm doing is far more than is absolutely necessary. It's one of those "it'll cost about the same to mod it than to pay and have someone fix it" deals at the moment. I also very much have a love/hate relationship with this car. Pretty much, the purpose of this project is to fix Subaru's mistakes in what should have been a great family sport car.

All it has on of now is my original mini-battery off my evo. Also installed a Walboro fuel pump, which wasn't all the fun to do.
    What she's getting is Supertech valves, Eagle rods, a Mishimoto thermostat and radiator cap, ACL Bearings, Cosworth oil pump, KillerB oil pickup, and ARP headstuds, all of which I have already aquired. I still need to order the pistons (which I'll order after I rip apart the motor), and downpipe with uppipe.

I'm playing with the idea of swapping the injectors to ID725s, adding a boost controller, swapping to an AVO TMIC (or Perrin possibly), a catback exhaust, an ecu flash, some entry level coilovers, and perhaps a couple of strut bars.

Really, this is (was, but will be again) my wife's daily. Not looking to make it too crazy, but definitely has to be bearable for me to drive.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of it available at the moment but will once I get back and start seriously digging into it.
    Last edited by Gumba; 01-27-2010 at 02:19 AM.
    Horsepower is no substitute for brains, fu$%ers!!

FORTES FORTUNAS ADIUVAT

good thread idea J! not sure how many people on here really have other projects.

I too, have a ZX6R, 2007. only have yoshimura muffler, custom fender eliminator, and an integrated turn signal LED tail light for it. Also relocated the rear brake resivior. not sure how much crazier I'm gonna get. it's getting new brakes this season, stockers are finally worn out.

then there's my Jetta, 90 GLI 16V. currently just has coilovers, HID conversion, single round headlamps with badgeless grille, new brakes, and new wheels (BBS RM's) for it. been slowly getting it back into shape. to-do list mostly consists of straightening the body, respray, and notching the frame so I can get it a little lower.

When I bought it.

last summer.

front bumper has been resprayed, L fender and hood as well since.

And the newest project, My girl bought an 05 STi. only 13k on the odo. has APS 3.5" exhaust, Cobb DP, GM 3bar boost solenoid, Cobb top mount I/C, and Injectors. two sets of Rota Boost's (winter/summer) great car, love driving it. To-do list consists of getting the body/paint back to good/original shape, putting the STi stickers all back on as well. I'd also like to lower it a little and maybe some sort of front lip. Will also be painting one set of the wheels to a crazy color.

Home of the Quickest/Fastest Lancer Evolution in the state: 9.87@146mph, 33psi.
    www.carzperformance.com
    720-214-5095
    A true evo toy store! come down and check us out!

Platinum_Member FarFromSane WANTED's Avatar

I know there are a few of us out there. In fact, I sold one of my last project cars to a board member.

On a related side note, I've been wanting to relocate my rear brake resevoir. Where'd you put yours, Troy?
    Horsepower is no substitute for brains, fu$%ers!!

FORTES FORTUNAS ADIUVAT

Here was my bike.

I have had 5 bikes all together

Started with a

98' TL1000R then moved to a 2002 TL1000R

Then

2004 RC51 this one got stolen while in San Diego for BUD/S

Moved to Guam and got another 2004 RC51

Then found a 2005 ZX6RR on ebay for 2600 that had been crashed.

Fixed it all up and sold it for $5000 to a guy in New Mexico.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh and my graduation present to myself is going to be a new ZX10. Got another yr and half to go.

I may choose to go for a used ZX10 and then see about picking up a used RC51 also.

I've had my share of bikes. 7 so far. KZ750, RZ350 (2 stroke crotch), Ninja, 2 FZR's, YZF and the last one was a FZ1 but now I'm thinking of getting a Busa and doing a turbo kit. The only problem I have these days is the other drivers so its a love/hate relationship with bikes.

05 WW Evo VIII
    1003whp corrected
    9.7@155

figured this thread would just be a bike thread. oh well.

John, the res. can be tucked up under the right plastic trim piece just under the seat/gas tank. I made a bracket to hold it to one of the seat bolts. huge improvement in the looks IMO. want to do the single seat cover and ditch the rear pegs since my lady has her own bike now.
    Home of the Quickest/Fastest Lancer Evolution in the state: 9.87@146mph, 33psi.
    www.carzperformance.com
    720-214-5095
    A true evo toy store! come down and check us out!

Just so its not all about bikes:

K5 Blazer (19 year project)
    Still need to install the new 406 sbc, EFI, 4L80 tranny, etc...

My daily 95 GSX but I might be selling it.

My new project is a 03 Ram 2500 4x but no pics yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rodent; 01-23-2010 at 12:52 PM.

05 WW Evo VIII
    1003whp corrected
    9.7@155

the gf doesn't like bikes, and she is pretty much ok with anything/everything else - so i'll have to survive a "no-bike" existence for now.

'91 civic hatch. just has the sohc d15b vtec from the del sol in japan. nothing else done to it. would be willing to donate it as a $500 car for 24 hour LeMons at HPR this summer... need to get a team together for that.

'67 GMC truck. keeping it as OEM as possible. 292 inline 6. 3-on-the-tree. 76k original miles, single owner before me.

plans:

s13 built up for drifting - or if i could find a legal s15...

Troy-
    Hit me up with any STi questions you may have. I had my 04 in the 11's about 4 years ago:

I think I still hold the record for stock turbo/ecu here in Colorado.

05 WW Evo VIII
    1003whp corrected
    9.7@155