Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emissions - Air Care Centers

Administrator The Altered Beast Gumba's Avatar

Light Bulb Emissions - Air Care Centers

List of AirCare Centers in Colorado - Rate your experience and we'll update the list accordingly

Longmont: 4040 Rogers Rd - Good
    Northglenn: 1950 E. 112th Ave - Best***
    County Line: 8494 S. Colorado Blvd - Good
    Broomfield:
    Boulder:
    Denver (Lipan):
    Loveland:
    Parker:
    Arvada: 5185 Marshall St - Bad
    Golden: 15335 W. 44th Ave - Bad
    Ken Caryl: 10727 Centennial Rd - Good
    Fort Collins:
    Castle Rock:
    Sheridan:
    Stapleton:
    Dacono:
    Denver SE (Warren): Parker & Iliff - Bad
    Greeley:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gumba; 05-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba View Post
    I have to get my emissions done here this week. Wanted to know if anyone has taken their evo to the 10190 E Warren Ave Air Care Station located just north of 225 on Parker and Iliff... I don't want to have any issues with wheels, or mods as some of these stations are a bitch..

I've been told by other members that the 1950 E. 112th Ave. Thornton location is a good place to take it, and personally I took mine up to the one in Longmont last time and had no issues.

Lets list the emissions stations we've used and our experience for future reference for other members.

Thanks

Longmont: Good
    Northglenn: 1950 E. 112th Ave - Good
    County Line:
    Broomfield:
    Boulder:
    Denver (Lipan):
    Loveland:
    Parker:
    Arvada:
    Golden:
    Ken Caryl:
    Fort Collins:
    Castle Rock:
    Sheridan:
    Stapleton:
    Dacono:
    Denver SE (Warren):
    Greeley:
    the one in northglenn didnt put my evo on the dyno..the just hooked it up and rev the car for a certain time at certain rpm...the highest about 4rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba View Post
    I have to get my emissions done here this week. Wanted to know if anyone has taken their evo to the 10190 E Warren Ave Air Care Station located just north of 225 on Parker and Iliff... I don't want to have any issues with wheels, or mods as some of these stations are a bitch..

I've been told by other members that the 1950 E. 112th Ave. Thornton location is a good place to take it, and personally I took mine up to the one in Longmont last time and had no issues.

Lets list the emissions stations we've used and our experience for future reference for other members.

Thanks

Longmont: Good
    Northglenn: 1950 E. 112th Ave - Good
    County Line:
    Broomfield:
    Boulder:
    Denver (Lipan):
    Loveland:
    Parker:
    Arvada:
    Golden:
    Ken Caryl:
    Fort Collins:
    Castle Rock:
    Sheridan:
    Stapleton:
    Dacono:
    Denver SE (Warren):
    Greeley:
    The Parker and illif station by Carls jr is tr one who broke my bumper. They knew they broke it and tried to deny it. I fought with them for 2 months and they finally took care of it .

I've had good luck with the one off Colorado and County LIne. The one by Iliff and Parker is the one that turned me away for having 17" wheels on a shitty Caviler and are a bunch of assholes.

Thanks guys, I'll prolly take it to Thornton

I took mine to the Ken Caryl station for the first time last year with no issues besides the kid stalling it like 5 times. It was only on the rollers for about 30 seconds until it passed.
    I did have the stock IX wheels though. Not sure how they would like my P45Rs but I will find out next year.

I just recently took my emission at Northglenn and it is their policy with any car that is factory equipped with low profile 17" wheels or bigger they can not safely test on their dyno and is allow to do a sniffer test Tell them your car is the Evolution and they will just do a sniffer.

Stay away from 52nd & Marshall and 44th & McIntyre stations. Their poorly trained employees think that Evo X's should have two cats and have no idea what a stock cat looks like.

We have been having good luck with the station on C-470 & Kencarl, Troy mentioned that he has his g/f's suby tested there last weekend and they did not even open the hood and passed with flying colors.
    www.carzperformance.com
    Home of the quickest Evolution in the state: 9.871 @ 143.29mph, 32psi
    720-214-5095

Thanks guys for the info.

I actually took mine to the 112th Northglenn location, and all they did was the sniffer test on my car, no roller action, which was awesome.

They did stall the car twice and based on their stupid book, my Evo was suppose to have four O2 sensors, retarded. I had to convince them an inline 4 would only have two O2's, maybe they were thinking of a subaru or possibly a V6/8 type of setup. Anyhow they passed the car and now I'm good for another 2 years.

Thanks again guys for the info, we'll update this accordingly as time goes on.
    Last edited by Gumba; 05-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Are any of you guys running AEM EMS? If I could get away with it I would like not having to convert back to oem ecu, and changing back injectors and all that. I think I might end up taking it to the Northglenn location, they seem to a pretty good system going there. If they do the sniffer test, do they still plug into your OBD port? Thanks in advance!