Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Drive Performance Review

Thumbs up Pure Drive Performance Review

First off christian has been pretty awesome to deal with through the whole process regardless of any issues I have had. I approached Christian because after trolling around the forums etc. for ideas, I seen his car was basically a mirror image of what i wanted my car to be ( lol a higher mileage evo that is still together and making good power). Anyway as proactive and ready to go as I tried to be I still had some evoscan and wbo2 issues and he was extremely patient and understanding, helping me get everything right. So down to the power and driving, the car feels great, and drives like a stock evo.

I think the uncorrected numbers where like 330 hp and 340 tq, and In my days of trolling i noticed that warrtalon with a correction factor of 1.14 made like 360-370 hp at a similar altitude, and his car ran like 11.6-11.7 at bandimere with that power level. So obviously with some great driving my car would have similar potential to run times in that area and the makes me extremely pleased with the results.

The car is safe, fast and most importantly reliable because I prefer to drive my Evo more than work on it.

So If I had to rate my experience with christian and Pure drive performance, I would give it an A+ thanks again
    Last edited by Gumba; 01-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.

I see him post on EvoM alot, did not see many reviews though. Where in Wyoming is he?

I don't think anyone has touched Wartalon's record. Great driving is an understatement for him.

I think he is based out of Miliken Colorado. And sorry I didn't put my mod list up lol

2005 evo gsr
    o2 housing
    hks 280s
    amsoil cone filter
    tb exhaust
    1050s, 255 pump
    3.5 ebay intercooler
    muse lower pipe and Nisei upper
    synapse diverter valve
    Omni 4 bar map
    grimmspeed port
    e85 are the numbers above but have a dual map tune

The tune is great, car starts in below 0 weather, and performs safely. When the weather changed, I would send him a log and he would take the time to review and make the necessary adjustments to keep the car running good. If anyone is looking for a new tune or to maybe clean up their old tune I think Cristian is a reliable source and can be trusted.

thanks
    Eddie Lallak

And for the record im not saying its a mirror image of warrtalons but I am saying someone with his skills and abilities could make this car perform in similar fashion if they wanted to.

Silver_MemberMassive Attack SCOOBY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshsevo View Post
    I don't think anyone has touched Wartalon's record. Great driving is an understatement for him.
    theJanitor went 11.5 @ 119 with a stock evo 8 turbo
    Servion Tuning
    10.92 @ 129 [1.60 60' +7548ft D.A.] '05 Evo (504whp) HTA76
    **now powered by HTASuper94** 822whp 600wtq

Did he, I had no idea. When was it?

Platinum_Member Pure Drive Performance PureDrivePerformance's Avatar

Thanks Eddie!

I'm in Milliken, CO. However, I've been remote tuning all over the world. I've tuned a couple local guys, including cwyteboi.

Here's some of the reviews. I kind of got a little self conscious of putting up reviews and didn't put as many as another tuner does, but it's part of the business. Maybe I can find another way of promoting, like word of mouth.

I should be a vendor here in a couple of days at the beginning of the new year. I'll be doing more tunes locally as well as installs and builds, etc.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the meets!

Christian
    Tuned by Pure Drive Performance
    970-227-3602
    Check us out on FB!
    I look forward to tuning your Evo!

Gold_Member eriesponcibl pearent cwyteboi's Avatar

I have nothing but good things to say about Christian and his methods. I was very gun shy with my first tune since my car was a virgin at the time. Stock tune with minor bolt-ons.

I explained to Christian what I was looking for as far as the tune was concerned. He listened to me and understood my apprehension. He explained to me exactly what was going to happen and how he was going to approach the the situation.

During the tune, he explained to me step-by-step, how he was creating and manipulating the new map, such as fuel ratios, timing, knock, and so on and so forth. His detailed explanation boggled me to such an extant that I had to simply walk away and let him do his magic.

I am very satisfied with the result and have daily driven my car since then. I believe he tuned the car around June of '13.

After the tune, I had a ton of questions. He responded quickly to my messages and to my texts. On the next tune, it was clearly evident that my car had some mechanical issue as far as boost control was concerned and we had to halt the process.

Once these issues are worked out on my end, I will be bringing my car back to Christian. Until then, I'm still driving it. The car is fine, the boost solenoid sucks!

When I ran into some confusion during my timing belt swap, the result was the same. Quick response and advise. Even offering to come out and help.

Christian road tuned my car. I can't wait to see what he can do on an actual dyno. I would recommend him to anyone on this forum so that you can see what a personal and professional individual he really is.

Anyone who doubts should take a ride in his Evo. It looks like he's running the stock exhaust, but he isn't.

I want that setup.

He's running E85 and he's running SD, self tuned of course. His car is a beast. See for yourself.

Great working with you Christian. Looking forward to working with you some more.

Johnny
    ...wasn't born in Colorado, but I got here soon as I could...&...

Silver_MemberMassive Attack SCOOBY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshsevo View Post
    Did he, I had no idea. When was it?
    2010 iirc
    Servion Tuning
    10.92 @ 129 [1.60 60' +7548ft D.A.] '05 Evo (504whp) HTA76
    **now powered by HTASuper94** 822whp 600wtq