Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track stuff 2017

Default Track stuff 2017

Well been in CO for a few years now and my time at HPR or Pueblo I have seen a big whopping total of 3 other evos at the track. 2 of them actually went out on course and the other pretty much was show car status. Anyone planning some track time this coming year and what are you doing to the car?
    I'm on my 3rd Evo all of which I have kept sub 400hp. After getting run down by a new vet at HPR this year and hearing the rumor mill on the new focus rs I have finally decided to up my game with a built 2.1L with all the go fast goodies to support it. I believe my setup should put me in the high 5 low 6hp category with tq in the high 4's to low 5's.
    If anyone is planning on a new setup for the track I would love to hear what you got. Would actually love to see some more mitsu's at the track so I don't have hold down the fort solo.

Platinum_MemberI'm Special migs's Avatar

Hell yeah, can't wait to see the build!
    Migs
    About me

Platinum_Member Evo of Doom EGbeater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
    Well been in CO for a few years now and my time at HPR or Pueblo I have seen a big whopping total of 3 other evos at the track.
    This has pretty much always been the case. Everyone knows Evos were explicitly designed and intended for drag racing only!!!!

After getting run down by a new vet at HPR this year
    What does that mean?

If anyone is planning on a new setup for the track I would love to hear what you got. Would actually love to see some more mitsu's at the track so I don't have hold down the fort solo.
    I'm not an Evo track guy anymore, but feel free to come over and chat if you see me out. I'll be doing a few NASA track weekends in 2017 but will likely be attending some open lapping days at HPR for development as well. Hoping to hit some tracks I've not driven yet out east too... NCM, CoTA, and Autobahn CC are possibilities. Not sure how many 1000-mile-each-way road trips I'm up for though.

Are you going to come out for the Customer Appreciation Day at HPR after Xmas?

– Hsun

The Evo of Doom's best lap times: 1:28.9 @ HPT (2.1M "NASCAR" config), 1:31.9 @ MPH, 1:35.9 @ PMP, 1:55.5 @ HPR

Nice looking car in your sig EGbeater. Mid summer I had a vet that I was able to hold in the corners but his speed in the straights slowly was killing me. Not racing but I was still bothered by it as I had just gone through a series of upgraded bolt-ons. Got home from the event and got irrational, pretty much started my build plans and ordering parts. Actually should have just gotten better tires but oh well.
    Will not be making the appreciation day unless weather is nice and I can take the bike. Looks like my car is probably looking at a March/April time frame for completion.

Nice looking car in your sig EGbeater. Mid summer I had a vet that I was able to hold in the corners but his speed in the straights slowly was killing me. Not racing but I was still bothered by it as I had just gone through a series of upgraded bolt-ons. Got home from the event and got irrational, pretty much started my build plans and ordering parts.
    Haha, thanks for clarifying. Old story, but I was motivated to buy my Evo after losing a silly "street race" on a less-than-ideal surfaces back when I had a C5 Z06, so I definitely get being irritated.

Somehow I managed to not get that by "vet" you meant "Vette" so I was kinda lost.

What tires were you on at HPR? Do you know what lap times you're turning now?
    The Evo of Doom's best lap times: 1:28.9 @ HPT (2.1M "NASCAR" config), 1:31.9 @ MPH, 1:35.9 @ PMP, 1:55.5 @ HPR

I'm on some older Kumho ku36's that I got a deal on. Never actually checked lap times. If I had to guess I would say I'm running in the 2 minute range. Over heard some GT3 guys talking times and they were saying 2:02-:03's and I was able to chase them down so really just guessing. I honestly have never really cared about times as long as I can find a good back and forth match to get into. Same with the moto riding I do, pretty much just try to find someone slightly faster than me to try and chase them down.

I'm on some older Kumho ku36's that I got a deal on. Never actually checked lap times. If I had to guess I would say I'm running in the 2 minute range. Over heard some GT3 guys talking times and they were saying 2:02-:03's and I was able to chase them down so really just guessing. I honestly have never really cared about times as long as I can find a good back and forth match to get into. Same with the moto riding I do, pretty much just try to find someone slightly faster than me to try and chase them down.
    Cool, I understand. For me, lap times (and looking at the data) is important in order to try to improve as a driver, and to figure out how to improve the car. Also, for bragging rights... I won't deny that's an aspect of it as well.

The other reason I am concerned about my own lap times is I have friends who are really good drivers, and knowing how much faster than me they are—in cars/setups that SHOULD be slower than me—gives me a point of reference as to how much time I'm still leaving on the table.

If you want a decent free lap timing app, I like RaceChrono. I've found it works well/accurately/reliably even without using an external 10Hz Bluetooth GPS unit. The real-time predictive lap time by segment is useful too... shows you immediately if you're driving better or worse than your previous best lap.

Wow! No wonder we have been waiting for !!!
    FedEx Customer Service Hours

Well been in CO for a few years now and my time at HPR or Pueblo I have seen a big whopping total of 3 other evos at the track. 2 of them actually went out on course and the other pretty much was show car status. Anyone planning some track time this coming year and what are you doing to the car?
    I'm on my 3rd Evo all of which I have kept sub 400hp. After getting run down by a new vet at HPR this year and hearing the rumor mill on the new focus rs I have finally decided to up my game with a built 2.1L with all the go fast goodies to support it. I believe my setup should put me in the high 5 low 6hp category with tq in the high 4's to low 5's.
    How's your built 2.1 motor build coming ahamay?

Here are videos from my last two outtings in the Z06 (Pueblo and HPR):

https://youtu.be/Bpp2nSXTrGU

https://youtu.be/89r6tcDOBqI

And this video of the recent Pueblo NASA event was done by a Colorado Evo guy, Nio G, awesome documentation of what a NASA race weekend is like... including HPDE (High Performance Driving Experience), TT (Time Trials, which is what I do with my Z06), and wheel-to-wheel racing (the BMWs featured are mostly running in GTS2 class):

https://youtu.be/u2db9PVV5IQ